- 21st January, 2021 Economic Times
- 20th January, 2021 Economic Times
- 19th January, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi airport evaluating 'computer vision' tech to track passengers, ensure social distancing: CEO
Computer vision technology uses images to analyse and understand passenger density at the airport. It has already been installed at the GMR group-led Hyderabad airport.
- Plea to enhance compensation for North Delhi riot victims: Delhi HC seeks Centre, AAP stand
Communal clashes had broken out in northeast Delhi on February 24, 2020 after violence between citizenship law supporters and protesters spiralled out of control leaving at least 53 people dead and around 200 injured.
- 6 Rohingyas arrested from Anand Vihar Railway Station: Delhi Police
Delhi Police has arrested six Rohingyas from Anand Vihar Railway Station after receiving inputs about their arrival in the national capital from Tripura by a special train on January 06. DCP (East) Deepak Kumar said, “On January 6, we received information that some suspected Rohingyas were coming to Delhi from Tripura by a special train. The train was to reach Anand Vihar Railway Station. A team was deployed there and 6 Myanmar nationals were detained based on suspicion. They were interrogated and sent to the detention centre as or the order of FRRO. An FIR has been registered in this case and investigation is underway.”
- 18th January, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi schools for classes 10th, 12th reopen, Manish Sisodia visits school in Chirag Enclave
After remaining closed for nearly 10-months, due to the pandemic induced lockdown, Delhi government allowed reopening of schools from January 18. The school has been opened for classes 10th and 12th. The decision was taken in wake of the upcoming CBSE board exams. Schools were seen following COVID-19 protocols. Sanitizers were provided to the students and social distancing norms were adhered too. Delhi Deputy CM and Education Minister Manish Sisodia visited Kautilya Govt Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya.
- Delhi and Tokyo ink new pact for employment of Indian Skilled Workers in Japan
“Specified Skilled Worker (SSW)” is a new status of residence created in Japan in April 2019. Japan established this system to accept foreign nationals who have a certain level of expertise and skill. With a declining population and ageing society, there are abundant job opportunities in Japan in certain sectors, officials stated.
- Coronavirus Live News: COVID vaccination drive gets underway in Delhi on day two
After administering shots to over 4,300 healthcare workers on the opening day, vaccination teams across the national capital started to give vaccines to more medical staff.
- Farmers Protest Live: SC says Delhi Police should take the decision on tractor rally
Who and how many can enter (Delhi) cannot be decided by the court, said Supreme Court during the hearing.
- Farmer unions say they will go ahead with tractor march in Delhi on Republic Day
Addressing a press conference at the Singhu border protest site, union leader Yogendra Yadav said, "We will carry out a tractor parade on the Outer Ring Road in Delhi on Republic Day. The parade will be very peaceful. There will be no disruption of the Republic Day parade. The farmers will put up the national flag on their tractors."
- Delhi continues to shiver under cold wave, visibility affected due to dense fog
Dense fog shrouded the national capital reducing the visibility in the morning of January 18. Cold waves blowing across city left Delhiites shivering. Severe winters continued to tighten its grip over northern India. One of the cyclists said, “We are wearing three layers and gloves because of severe cold and fog in the morning.” They also complained that some days where fog increases, it becomes difficult to ride bicycles. According to the Indian Meteorological Department, the national capital recorded temperature of 11.2 degree Celsius in the morning.
- Realty hot spot series: An affluent residential area of Delhi
Vasant Kunj, a south-west locality in Delhi offers lush green surroundings with upscale infra and proximity to the airport as well as key job hubs of Gurugram.
- 17th January, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi HC stays trial court order summoning Make My Trip CEO in cheating case
The high court also issued notice to the state and the lawyer, who had lodged the cheating complaint against MMT, its CEO and a company employee, seeking their response on Kalra's plea by February 10, the next date of hearing.
- Live Updates: 246 new COVID cases, 8 deaths in Delhi
The Supreme Court had on January 11 stayed the implementation of the three laws until further orders and appointed a four-member panel to resolve the impasse.
- Delhi: ED arrests 2 Chinese nationals Charlie Peng and Carter Lee in hawala racket case
The Enforcement Directorate has arrested two Chinese nationals in a money laundering case. The two Chinese nationals are Charlie Peng and Carter Lee. Both are accused of running hawala operations for Chinese companies. The Chinese nationals were summoned for questioning on 15th January and later arrested. Yesterday, the two were produced in the court and remanded to 14 days in the ED custody. In August 2020, the Income Tax department had carried out searches in Delhi and other parts of National Capital Region.
- 16th January, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi government restores full capacity of staff in offices
The positivity rate of the novel coronavirus has "significantly" declined in the national capital which results in the decision of all government offices, autonomous bodies, PSUs, corporations and local bodies may function to 100 per cent strength, according to a statement issued by Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA).
- Bird Flu News Live: Over 2,000 birds to be culled in 2 districts in Maharashtra
Samples of dead hens found in two villages in Parbhani and Beed districts, both in Marathwada region, of Maharashtra have tested positive for bird flu.
- India's Coronavirus vaccination drive: Ground report from Delhi, Guwahati, Jaipur, and Lucknow
India's Coronavirus vaccination drive: Over 3 lakh healthcare workers to be inoculated on the 1st day. Ground details by Times Now's Arvind (SMS Hosp, Jaipur), Amir (Govt Medical College, Lucknow) & Arindam (Guwahati Medical College).
- Delhi's unemployment rate 16.25 pc, nearly 10 pc children out of school: Govt survey
The report, which was finalised in November 2020, reveals the socio-economic composition of the city including details on religion, caste, income, education, chronic illnesses, status of vaccination, employment and preferred modes of transport.
- 15th January, 2021 Economic Times
- 14th January, 2021 Economic Times