- NMC cautions students against enrolling in Chinese MBBS courses
NMC cautions students against enrolling in Chinese MBBS courses
- Modi bats for timely implementation of schemes, vibrant border villages
Modi bats for timely implementation of schemes, vibrant border villages
- Escalating conflict in Ukraine puts kids at grave risk: UN body
The escalating conflict and ongoing military actions in Ukraine are putting children and adolescents at grave risk, said Yasmine Sherif, Director of Education Cannot Wait (ECW), the UN&#39;s global fund for education in emergencies and protracted crises, on Friday.
- Over 1.9 million Indian kids lost parent or caregiver to COVID - 19
More than 1.9 million children in India lost a parent or caregiver due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a modelling study of 20 countries published in The Lancet Child &amp; Adolescent Health journal.
- India, Japan to hold annual joint military drill in Karnataka from February 27 to March 10
India and Japan will conduct the annual joint military exercise &ldquo;Dharma Guardian 2022&rdquo; in Belgaum, Karnataka, from February 27 to March 10, the Defence Ministry said on Friday.
- Indian kids, teens more vulnerable than ever to smartphone threats
Children and teenagers are more vulnerable than ever to sophisticated mobile threats in India as the level of disconnect that exists between generations over how safe mobile devices are and how vulnerable consumers are to threats on those devices has increased significantly, a new report has shown.
- IIT - Delhi startup launches 'world's smallest' wearable air purifier
An IIT Delhi start-up has launched the "world&#39;s smallest&rdquo; wearable air purifier, claiming it is as effective as an N95 face mask.
- Schools in Delhi to do away with hybrid mode, open from April 1: Kejriwal
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has decided to withdraw all Covid-related restrictions, including night curfew in Delhi, restart physical classes in schools from April 1 and reduce the fine for not wearing masks from Rs 2,000 to Rs 500, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Friday.
- ?Gangubai Kathiawadi? artistic expression within parameters of law, says SC
Bollywood movie Gangubai Kathiawadi &ldquo;prima facie, is an artistic expression within the parameters of law&rdquo;, the Supreme Court has said while dismissing the plea seeking stay on its release.
- Road rage case: Trouble for Navjot Sidhu as SC asks him to respond to plea to enlarge scope of review petition
The Supreme Court on Friday asked Punjab Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu to respond to a plea seeking to enlarge the scope of the review petition in a more than 33-year-old road rage case against him.
- South Delhi civic body disallows religious attire in schools
The Education Committee of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has asked its education department officials to ensure that no student comes to its schools in "religious attire".
- Pressure Russia to stop military offensive against Ukraine: RSS tells government
RSS national executive member Indresh Kumar on Friday appealed to the government to join hands with other countries and build pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin to &ldquo;immediately&rdquo; stop the military offensive against Ukraine.
- Income Tax department raids Shiv Sena corporator in Mumbai
The Income Tax department on Friday conducted searches on the premises of Shiv Sena corporator Yashwant Jadhav in Mumbai on charges of tax evasion, officials said.
- Only indigenous weapons will bring about surprise element: PM Modi
India should have own customised and unique weapons system, the surprise element will come on when we have own equipment. If ten countries have same type of military equipment then we have no uniqueness of the forces, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing a webinar on Friday.
- Punjab polls: BJP fields Vijay Sampla from Phagwara, Iqbal Singh Lalpura from Ropar
Punjab polls: BJP fields Vijay Sampla from Phagwara, Iqbal Singh Lalpura from Ropar
- The Year Ahead
The number seven and planet Neptune will bless you in the coming time. You are confident, decisive, generous, humorous, honest, modest and optimistic. You will make progress at the workplace and get an opportunity to travel abroad. The time after July will be good for those who are unemployed. At th
- Rehab centre or just a gym?
Rehab centre or just a gym?
- Research centre will help in crop diversification: GNDU VC
Guru Nanak Dev University has established a Centre for Agricultural Research and Innovation (CARI) under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA-II). The centre has been trying to establish a synergistic relationship with various stakeholders like farmers, entrepreneurs and investors to create an
- Aparshakti to base himself in Chandigarh as he begins shoot for his next
Actor Aparshakti Khurana has started shooting for his next, Berlin - a crime thriller in which he will be seen playing a deaf and mute interpreter.
- India records 302 more Covid deaths
India logged 13,166 new coronavirus infections, taking the total tally of Covid cases to 4,28,94,345, while the active cases declined to 1,34,235, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Friday.
- Nikhat & Nitu shine, reach semifinals
Former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen and Nitu entered the semifinals of the 73rd Strandja Memorial boxing tournament but two other Indians bowed out after the preliminary stage losses.
- SC refuses to stay release of ?Gangubai??
New Delhi: The apex court dismissed a plea seeking a stay on the release of &ldquo;Gangubai Kathiawadi&rdquo; as it was not convinced about petitioner&rsquo;s claim of having been adopted by the protagonist. TNS
- IPL to start on March 26, 40% crowd in Maharashtra
New Delhi: The 10-team Indian Premier League will start in Mumbai on March 26 and end on May 29 with around 40 percent crowd being allowed at the start of the tournament.
- Punjab keep Haryana at bay
Mandeep Singh remained unbeaten on a majestic 130, while wicketkeeper-batter Anmol Malhotra also slammed a century as Punjab recovered from a poor start to post 368/5 against Haryana on Day 1 of their Ranji Trophy Elite Group F match here today.
- Ranji Trophy: Abhimanyu's five - wkt haul wrecks Chandigarh innings
A five-wicket haul by Abhimanyu Singh helped Baroda derail Chandigarh innings on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy match at Vikash Cricket Ground, Bhubaneswar.