- Centre?s guidelines on regulation of ground water extraction only new cover to old scheme: NGT
The guidelines issued by the Ministry of Jal Shakti to regulate and control ground water extraction in the country is only a new cover provided to the old scheme with minor variations, alterations and modifications, the National Green Tribunal has said.
- BCCI confirms T20s against SL will be played before Tests, Kohli set for 100th Test in Mohali
BCCI confirms T20s against SL will be played before Tests, Kohli set for 100th Test in Mohali
- India launches National Polio Immunization Drive to sustain polio - free status
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Saturday launched the National Polio Immunization Drive for 2022 by administering polio drops to children below five years of age at the health ministry.
- Woman caught with drugs worth Rs 60 lakh in Delhi
A 40-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly supplying heroin worth around Rs 60 lakh in the national capital, police said on Friday.
- Spell out stand on bitcoin: Supreme Court to government
The Supreme Court on Friday asked Centre to clearly spell out its stand on the legality of bitcoins in the absence of any regulations dealing with cryptocurrencies in India.
- Solan's Manav Bharti University 'sold' degrees to people wanting jobs abroad: SIT
Solan's Manav Bharti University 'sold' degrees to people wanting jobs abroad: SIT
- Strandja Memorial: Nikhat Zareen, Nitu make it to final
Former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen and Nitu stormed into the finals at the 73rd Strandja Memorial boxing tournament in Sofia after notching up brilliant victories in the last-four bouts today.
- IAF decides not to send aircraft to multilateral air exercise in UK
The Indian Air Force has decided not to deploy its aircraft in a multilateral air exercise in the UK next month in view of the situation arising out of the crisis in Ukraine.
- Prominent Indian - American Congressman expresses disappointment over India abstaining UNSC resolution on Russia
Prominent Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna has expressed disappointment over India&rsquo;s decision to abstain from the UN Security Council resolution on Russia&rsquo;s aggression against Ukraine, saying it is the US and not Russia that will stand with New Delhi against China&rsquo;s current ex
- India records 11,499 fresh Covid cases, 255 more deaths
With 11,499 people testing positive for coronavirus infection in a day, India&#39;s total tally of Covid cases rose to 4,29,05,844, while the active cases further declined to 1,21,881, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Saturday.
- Russia rewrites history
The determined Russian invasion of Ukraine has unfolded in a manner akin to a global&nbsp; slide show with two opposing narratives. First, the steady buildup of troops by Moscow along the border areas with Ukraine that caused increasing dismay in Kyiv, despite Russian President Putin assuring his in
- Police book two for storing bio - med waste
The police have booked the director of a bio-medical waste disposal company and a scrap dealer in Kambala village for storing bio-medical waste in huge quantities at a godown.
- NGO gets award for therapy van
The Samphia Foundation, an NGO, here was awarded the International Zero Project Award during a three-day conference at the United Nations headquarters in Vienna in Austria on Thursday. The award was received by Shruti More Bhardwaj, Director, Samphia Foundation.
- SciWars, poster event mark day 4 of Science Week
The Science Week Festival at Guru Nanak Dev University entered the fourth day today. Dr Kamni Walia, from ICMR, Delhi, explained the importance of antimicrobial resistance crisis.
- Lay down arms, will talk: Russia
Russia said it was ready for talks with Ukraine even as its troops on Friday bore down on Ukraine&rsquo;s capital Kyiv, which is seen as an attempt to replace Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy with a Kremlin-friendly regime. Officials at the UN said they were preparing for millions to flee Ukr
- 3 booked for duping job aspirants of Rs 11.9 lakh
The local police registered a forgery case against three persons last evening on a complaint by Praveen Kumar of Gangath, who allegedly fell prey to a job racket being operated from Jammu and Kashmir.
- WB Guv refuses to reschedule Assembly meet
West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar has turned down the Chief Secretary&rsquo;s request to condone the typographical error in the Cabinet note regarding summoning of the Assembly session at 2 pm (instead of 2 am) on March 7.
- Only indigenous weapons can bring surprise element, says PM
India should have its own customised and unique weapon system, because the surprise element would come &ldquo;only when we have our own equipment&rdquo;. &ldquo;If 10 countries have the same type of military equipment, we have no uniqueness of the forces,&rdquo; said Prime Minister Narendra Modi whi
- Grasscourts suit us: Rohit Rajpal on Denmark tie in Davis Cup
As hosts of the Davis Cup World Group Playoff I tie against Denmark, India are banking on the prowess of their heavy hitters &mdash; Yuki Bhambri, Ramkumar Ramanathan and Rohan Bopanna &mdash; to stall the visiting team. Non-playing captain Rohit Rajpal disclosed that the playing surface &mdash; gra
- Ranji Trophy: Haryana take the game to Punjab on Day 2
Skipper Himanshu Rana led from the front with his fourth First-Class century as Haryana reached 204/3 in a strong reply to Punjab&rsquo;s mammoth 444 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group F fixture here today.
- Amritsar poets to participate in Faiz festival at Lahore
City-based poet, writer Arvinder Chamak, who has been curating Sanjha Punjab series of literary events virtually in collaboration with Majha House, has been invited to participate in the Faiz International festival to be held in Lahore from March 3 to March 6. Chamak has been invited along with seve
- Flight fares to Dharamsala soar ahead of T20 matches
Airfares from Delhi to Dharamsala and Chandigarh to Dharamsala have skyrocketed for tomorrow (February 26) because of two India Sri Lanka T-20 matches being played here.
- CM meets Nirmala Sitharaman, seeks Central aid for Mandi airport
CM meets Nirmala Sitharaman, seeks Central aid for Mandi airport