- 7th July, 2020 NDTV
- Tahir Hussain "Planned" Delhi Riots With 2 Pinjra Tod Members, Others: Cops
Suspended AAP Councillor Tahir Hussain was allegedly in contact with Pinjra Tod members and JNU students Natasha Narwal and Devangana Kalita to hatch a "well planned and deep rooted conspiracy" to cause widespread riots in northeast Delhi in February, the Delhi police has said in its chargesheet filed before a Delhi court.
- Delhi Doctor Without Licence Caught Helping Criminals, Convicts Get Bail
A doctor, who was allegedly helping accused and convicts in getting bail or released from custody despite suspension of his licence, has come under the scanner of the Delhi High Court which directed the police to conduct an inquiry into the allegations of issuing fake medical certificates.
- Delhi Monuments Reopen With Covid Safety Measures, Visitors Steer Clear
Monuments across the national capital reopened Monday amid relaxations from the coronavirus lockdown with Covid safety measures in place. Though the government has restricted the number of visitors to ensure social distancing, the reopening offers hope to tourist guides who have had no source of livelihood since the lockdown was imposed late in March. However, as Delhi&#039;s coronavirus figures crossed the 1 lakh-mark, staff at some the monuments NDTV visited said the number of visitors was not even a tenth of the pre-lockdown times.
- Delhi Coronavirus Tally Crosses 1 Lakh, Reports 1,379 Cases In A Day
The number of coronavirus in Delhi crossed the 1 lakh mark on Monday evening.
- 6th July, 2020 NDTV
- Light Rain In Delhi, More Precipitation Likely Over Next Few Days
Sporadic, light rain kept the mercury in check in the national capital on Monday precipitation is likely in the city over the next few days, the Met office said.
- Bengaluru's Big Virus Worry Compared To Delhi, Mumbai and Other Cities
Bengaluru has seen a 15.7 per cent increase in new coronavirus cases over the past three days, data showed on Monday, compared to 2.6 per cent in Delhi and 1 per cent in Mumbai
- Delhi Man Fakes Kidnapping To Extort Money From Uncle: Police
A 24-year-old man allegedly faked his own abduction here to extort Rs five lakh from his uncle to apparently fund his sister&#039;s wedding, police said on Monday.
- Monuments Run By Delhi Government Reopen Today, Masks Mandatory
Qutub Minar, Humayun&#039;s Tomb and a host of other centrally-protected monuments in Delhi were reopened for visitors on Monday after being shut for over three months due to the COVID-19 crisis, officials said.
- Court Seeks Delhi's Reply On Coronavirus Safety Gear Helpline For Nurses
The Delhi High Court Monday sought the AAP government&#039;s reply on suggestions for setting up a helpline for nurses to complain against private hospitals for failing to providing N-95 masks and PPE kits as also considering compensation to those who die attending to COVID-19 patients.
- Delhi Cop Rescues Two Transgender Women After Men On Bike Open Fire
An alert Delhi Police constable came to the rescue of two transgender women after bike-borne men opened fire at them, an official said on Sunday.
- COVID - 19: Delhi Orders Compulsory Rapid Antigen Test For High - Risk Patients
The Delhi government on Sunday instructed all health care facilities to carry out compulsory rapid antigen detection testing of patients with ILI symptoms, patients admitted with SARI and other high-risk individuals who visit their facilities.
- There Should Be "No Stigma", Says Delhi's First Woman Plasma Donor
The first female plasma donor in the national capital said more women should donate their "antibody-rich" plasma and contribute towards the fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- Delhi's 1,000 - Bed COVID Hospital Built In Less Than Two Weeks
A 1,000-bed hospital for COVID-19 patients in Delhi has been constructed and commissioned by the Defence Research and Development Organisation or DRDO in a record time of less than two weeks.
- 5th July, 2020 NDTV
- Delhi's New Plan To Fight COVID Finds Door - To - Door Survey "Not Suitable"
A door-to-door survey to screen the national capital&#039;s population for coronavirus "may not be suitable" at this juncture, said a report jointly prepared by the AAP administration, Union Ministry of Health, National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and NITI Aayog.
- Delhi Lt Governor Inaugurates World's "Largest" COVID Care Centre
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal inaugurated a 10,000-bed COVID care centre in the Chhatarpur area of the national capital today.
- Cop's Speeding Car Runs Over Woman In Delhi
A woman was badly injured after she was run over by a speeding east Delhi&#039;s Ghazipur area on Friday, police said. The driver, Joginder, who is an official with Delhi police, was later arrested, police said.
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Delhi Recovery Rate Crosses 70%
Coronavirus Live Updates: The safety and interest of Indians is the topmost priority, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said on Saturday after a memo from the agency triggered a backlash for setting August 15 as a target for developing a coronavirus vaccine, from both medical experts and the opposition.
- Heavy Rain, Thunderstorm In Parts Of Delhi
Heavy rainfall, lightning and thunderstorm hit the national capital on the early hours of Sunday bringing some respite from sweltering weather.
- 4th July, 2020 NDTV
- Delhi Animal Rescuers Allege Brutal Attack, Cops Say Their Car Hit Locals
A group of animal rescue workers have alleged they were attacked by residents of a neighbourhood in northwest Delhi on Friday, while they were trying to help stray dogs, prompting outrage on social media and calls for action. The police said they have filed a case against the residents and some were injured when the rescue workers tried to flee the area in their car.
- Light Rains Expected In Delhi In Next 3 - 4 Days: Weather Department
Light rains and cloudy skies over the next three-four days are expected to keep the mercury in check in the national capital, Meteorological department officials said on Saturday.
- Court Orders Case Against Delhi Cop, Others For Throwing Man From Roof
Amid calls for action against widespread police brutality, a court in Delhi has ordered Delhi Police to lodge an FIR against its constable and others for allegedly throwing a man off the roof of a building and take action against those officials who tried to sabotage the investigation.
- Delhi Woman Allegedly Steals Rs 57 Lakh From Friend's House, Arrested
A 36-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly stealing a total of Rs 57 in two installments from the house of her friend&#039;s mother in Hauz Qazi area of Central Delhi, police said on Saturday.
- Women With Pregnancy History Not Eligible To Donate Plasma In Delhi
Women who have either conceived or delivered babies in the past are not eligible to donate plasma as per the norms issued by authorities in Delhi, as a certain type of antibody, which may have developed during the pregnancy, might harm the recipient in rare cases, doctors have said.
- No Flights To Kolkata From 6 Cities Including Delhi, Mumbai From July 6 - 19
Flights from six cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Chennai and Ahmedabad - will not land in Kolkata for three weeks starting Monday, authorities said as the West Bengal government stepped up measures to contain the coronavirus.
- Delhi Cop Hits Woman With Car. Runs Her Over While Trying To Escape
An elderly woman in east Delhi has been badly injured after she was run over by a speeding car on Friday. The driver, who has been identified as a 56-year-old Delhi Police sub-inspector, has been arrested, the police said.