- 7th May, 2021 The Indian Express
- Delhi: Man arrested for cheating Covid patients? families looking for oxygen, ICU beds
Some of these families had put SOS messages on social media after they weren’t able to arrange for an oxygen or ICU bed. The police said the accused sent his number and details on WhatsApp groups and asked his acquaintances to forward it further. The victims then contacted him.
- Delhi to witness light rain next week: IMD
Delhi recorded 1mm of rain in the past 24 hours as of Friday morning, however, some parts of the city received more showers.
- Delhi confidential: Keeping up suspense
On Thursday, party president J P Nadda, who returned from West Bengal, met Union Home Minister Amit Shah but many party leaders insisted that it was to discuss the situation in violence-hit Bengal.
- Coronavirus India Highlights: Several Rajdhanis, Shatabdis from Delhi cancelled due to ?increase in Covid cases & poor occupancy?
India on Thursday reported 4,12,262 new cases and 3,980 deaths in the last 24 hours. India had become the first country in the world to register over 4 lakh infections in a single day on April 30, when it reported 4.08 lakh infections.
- ?Provide doctor consultation to all home quarantined cops,? Delhi police chief tells DCPs
As many as 4,245 personnel of Delhi Police have tested positive and 25 have died due to Covid in the last 55 days — since March 11.
- Amid reports of ?virulent variant? of Covid - 19, Delhi govt makes 14 - day quarantine mandatory for travelers from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
Those who have received both doses of vaccination and have a negative RT-PCR report not older than 72 hours will be allowed home quarantine for seven days.
- Delhi: At gurdwara oxygen langar, many Covid patients get a breath of life
The “oxygen langar” at the gurdwara was set up two weeks ago by Khalsa Help International and Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha.
- Delhi: 70% work done at Ramlila Maidan?s 500 - bed ICU facility, to be ready in a few days
Officials said 70% of the work is completed and it should be ready in a few more days.
- Delhi: Nursing officer held for selling remdesivir illegally
Police said the accused were using imported injections and selling them to Covid patients.
- 6th May, 2021 The Indian Express
- HC rejects Delhi govt statement on oxygen supply being only issue: ?Medical infra completely exposed during pandemic?
The court said the system in the country today has failed because people do not demand enough and elect governments without asking for accountability.
- Police arrest South Delhi restaurant manager, 3 others for black marketing of oxygen concentrators
Atul Kumar Thakur, DCP (South district), said the accused ran operations from the restaurant in Lodhi Colony. The oxygen concentrators were being sold at Rs 70,000 each.
- Release seized 12 oxygen concentrators to cops, courts and family members: Delhi court
It said that no useful purpose would be solved by keeping these machines, seized on May 4, at Dwarka police station
- Delhi witnesses moderate rain, thunderstorm in several parts of city
This sudden change in weather also brought down the mercury level.
- Karnataka medical team flies to Delhi to help in Covid fight, honoured by airline staff
In a video, which has now gone viral on social media, the healthcare workers are seen walking down a ramp as the airline staff greets them with applause.
- Snake sightings on the rise with soaring temperatures across Delhi: Wildlife SOS
During summer, snakes seek out shade and shelter to stay cool. Our team has responded to over 30 calls in the past month alone, says Wasim Akram, top official of the non-profit
- Delhi Confidential: Voices Of Praise
While Ghulam Nabi Azad has called Banerjee the “Lioness of East” for fighting and winning against all odds, Kapil Sibal described Banerjee as a courageous grassroots leader and a modern Jhansi ki Rani.
- Delhi HC questions Delhi govt logic not to take over 150 - bed closed down pvt hospital
The high court exhorted the Delhi government to "think out of the box" in view of the severe second wave of COVID-19 pandemic as "we are not in normal times" and there was a shortage of beds for patients in the national capital.
- Delhi: 249 inmates in isolation or hospitals after testing positive for coronavirus
While the optimum holding capacity of Delhi prisons is 10,026, there are 19,679 inmates in the jails at present. A large number of prisoners were released last year to decongest the jails.
- Delhi weather forecast today: Light rain expected, may bring temperatures down
The maximum temperature recorded in the city on Wednesday was 40.5 degrees Celsius. The IMD has forecast that it would fall to 38 degrees by Friday and would then rise again to around 41 degrees by Monday.
- Delhi riots: Court denies bail to IB staffer murder accused, says he was instigated on communal lines by Tahir Hussain
Nazim&#039;s lawyer Salim Malik told the court that he had been "falsely implicated in the matter by the police just because he and his brother Kasim (who is also an accused in the instant case) are “Bad Characters” (B.C) of the Dayalpur area."
- Amid second Covid wave, farmers? union sends another Jatha to Delhi
Around 40 tractor-trollies, each with around 15 men and women from Amritsar&#039;s villages, set off for the national capital on Wednesday. They were not wearing masks when they began the journey.
- Delhi CM visits vaccination centre: Aim is to vaccinate all in three months
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal visited one such site in Rajinder Nagar on Wednesday. The site, operated by BLK Max, has the capacity to vaccinate around 3,000 people per day. This is expected to be scaled up in the upcoming days.
- At the state?s mercy: ringing the Covid alarm in Delhi?s prisons
Overcrowded jails need the authorities’ urgent attention to check mass infections
- Centre says Armed Forces stretched, turns down Delhi plea
Deputy CM Manish Sisodia had earlier written to Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to lend services of the Armed Forces to the state to help it set up, operationalise and run Covid health facilities with about 10,000 oxygen and 1,000 ICU beds.
- A sliver of hope in Delhi: Positivity rate declines, gradually
On Wednesday, the city saw 20,960 new cases and 311 deaths due to Covid-19. The positivity rate was recorded at 26.37% after testing 79,491 people.