- 3rd August, 2021 The Indian Express
- 2nd August, 2021 The Indian Express
- Delhi Skill University to offer professional training in various fields after Class 10
The national capital has ten government polytechnic colleges, which are now merged under DSEU, that offer diplomas across 15 different streams.
- Delhi University kicks off registration for UG courses
Delhi news: This year, there are around 70,000 undergraduate seats available across the university’s 63 constituent colleges.
- 50% of Delhi?s adult population got at least one Covid vaccine dose: Kejriwal
Delhi News: The city’s vaccination programme had reached its peak between June 26 and July 2, when more than 2 lakh doses were being administered per day. It has slowed down following a shortage of vaccines.
- Noida targets 50,000 vaccinations daily during special drive starting Tuesday
Delhi News: As per officials, 155 centres have been identified across the district which will be administering the doses. Also, there are 61 private and public health facilities that are already providing vaccination in addition to the identified centres.
- Delhi HC recalls CBI probe order after Income Tax department says email was sent due to systems error
Delhi News: The controversy revolves around an email received by the petitioner company from “[email protected]
” on May 31
- Delhi University undergraduate admission process begins today
Delhi news: With a record-high number of students scoring above 95% in class XII this year, college principals and university administrators have said that cut-offs are set to rise even further this year.
- Delhi confidential: Farmers On Mind
One such move is transfer of the Rs 2,000 installment under PM-KISAN on time.
- ?Add people on NaMo app, meet PM Modi, Nadda?: Delhi BJP adopts familiar playbook for civic polls
Delhi News: Delhi BJP president Adesh Kumar held a meeting with the councillors and asked them to promote the NaMo app. The party aims to add 2.5-3 lakh new users to the app by the end of this month.
- HC seeks Delhi government?s response on plea alleging non - implementation of mental health law in schools and colleges
Delhi News: The petition seeks the diagnosis and assessment of mental health to be made mandatory in educational institutions.
- Noida admin issues directives to check sale of illicit liquor
Delhi news: As per officials, a liquor shop owner will be fined Rs 75,000 if it is found that alcohol is being sold for rates higher than the given prices.
- Bollywood film producer held for duping Delhi businessman of Rs 32 lakh
Delhi news: “The accused would win the confidence of businessmen in need of loans by boasting his connections with film personalities and claiming to be a top film producer,” police said.
- Faridabad: Factory worker arrested for stealing from workplace
Delhi news: "During questioning, he revealed that he is a drug addict, and was committing the crime to obtain money to buy drugs,” said the PRO.
- Delhi: Policewoman befriends rape accused on social media to arrest him
Delhi News: An officer said that on July 30, they received a call from a hospital that a 16-year-old girl had allegedly been raped and a medical examination showed she was pregnant.
- Urban village in North Delhi stuck in time warp: ?No amenities, planning?
Delhi News: Planning for such urban villages is largely absent from the Delhi Master Plan 2041, which is a blueprint of the city that the next generation will inhabit.
- Heatwave, unusually late monsoon and record rains ? Delhi saw meteorologically peculiar July
Delhi News: Despite the monsoon embracing Delhi only on July 13, making it the most-delayed in 19 years, the capital recorded 16 rainy days in the month, the maximum in the last four years.
- 1st August, 2021 The Indian Express
- South MCD approves property tax waiver in unauthorised colonies
Delhi news: Standing committee chairperson of South MCD BK Oberoi said people living in residential areas in these colonies can pay this year’s taxes and their old taxes would be foregone.
- Rains lash Delhi, IMD predicts showers every day in coming week
The temperature on Sunday is likely to stand at a maximum of 31 degrees Celsius and the minimum is expected to be 25 degrees Celsius.
- Delhi govt order restricting Covishield for second doses to continue
Delhi news: Citing vaccine shortage, the Delhi government on July 22 had ordered that all Covishield slots at government centres be reserved for second doses till July 31. For Covaxin, only 20% doses at these centres are for the first shot and the rest reserved for the second.
- Theatres screen Hollywood titles to lure audiences back as Delhi unlocks
Delhi News: With QR-code ticket scanning, temperature scanner and spray-on hand sanitiser dispenser, PVR Premiere takes every step to ensure that filmgoers feel safe in Covid times.
- Delhi: Three underpasses waterlogged due to rain, commuters alerted to avoid travel
Delhi News: Traffic police officers said that they are trying to encourage commuters to avoid these routes so that accidents can be avoided.
- Two new sections of Delhi Metro to open on Friday
Delhi News: The metro network in the city, after August 6, will be 390-kilometres-long with 286 stations.
- Last day to report for EWS admissions in Delhi schools extended
Delhi news: However, even while the children have been allotted schools, the parents have complained that they are being denied admission at their allotted schools on the grounds that general admissions have been too low to accommodate the EWS students.
- Another cave - in ? this time under IIT flyover
Delhi News: PWD says they are currently assessing the situation and it will take a few days to restore the road.
- In 6 days, 57k applications for 20,000 PG seats at Delhi University
Delhi news: DU has also seen 8,308 registrations for its MPhil and PhD courses till Saturday night. Registrations for these courses began on July 26, and will continue till August 21.