- 20th June, 2022 The Indian Express
- From 'Delhi Model', AAP has tumbled down to 'Sangrur Model': Punjab Congress president Warring
“If you think Kejriwal will swing votes for you, you are badly mistaken as the AAP and its leadership stands completely exposed in Punjab and they (the people) can’t be fooled anymore”, Amrinder Singh Raja Warring added.
- Over 1,500 Covid cases recorded in Delhi | Cities News
On Friday, the positivity rate in the city had crossed 8% for the first time since January end when the third wave, induced by the omicron variant, was subsiding.
- 2 years on since death of man made to sing anthem, Delhi Police plan cash reward to identify their own
This comes after the Delhi Police repeatedly hit roadblocks in gathering concrete evidence against the accused personnel.
- L - G nod to ACB to probe graft charges against PWD officials in building 7 temporary hospitals
The PWD was headed by AAP government Minister Satyendar Jain till last month, when he was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with an alleged money laundering case.
- Delhi Confidential: Foreign Trip | Delhi Confidential News
Naveen Patnaik has been following a multi-pronged approach in politics – he has been fiercely opposing BJP locally, and backing it at the Centre – but now wants to have a “secular image” for himself at the national level.
- Delhi records coolest June day in eight years
The city has seen light rain in several parts for the past four days. According to IMD officials, light rain is expected on Monday and Tuesday as well.
- 19th June, 2022 The Indian Express
- Delhi News Live Updates: PM Modi launches torch relay for 44th Chess Olympiad
Delhi News Live Updates: The project aims to provide hassle-free and smooth access to the exhibition and convention centre being developed at Pragati Maidan.
- Delhi - bound SpiceJet plane returns to Patna after sparks from engine, passengers safe
The pilots of the Boeing 737-800 aircraft suspected a bird hit on the left engine during the take-off but continued to climb further. But when the crew witnessed sparks from the left engine, they proceeded for an emergency landing.
- Supreme Court to hear plea of 'conman' Sukesh Chandrashekhar seeking transfer to jail outside Delhi
Chandrashekhar, who is accused of bribing Tihar jail officials to live in comfort with his spouse Leena, is seeking his transfer to a prison outside Delhi, allegedly fearing the prison officials who are being probed for favouring him and his wife.
- Delhi: Phone snatcher caught by victim and passersby
The incident happened at Tikri village in Outer District. The police arrested the snatcher and his accomplice who escaped from the spot with the phone.
- Delhi: Iranian national arrested for posing as intelligence agent, robbing foreign nationals outside hospitals
Hossein Rezafard Ahmad has been arrested with his Maruti SX4 car, which he and his associates used to commit robberies. The police said they recovered $2,000, 4,000 Sudanese pounds, 28,000 Iranian Riyal, and some Indian currency from his possession.
- Man smothers wife in Delhi's Fatehpur Beri for refusing to serve him food, arrested
The police said that the next morning, on realising that she was dead, he fled with Rs 40,000, but was nabbed soon.
- Delhi: Students to visit households near schools to create awareness of polio immunisation
Heads of schools have also been asked to organise painting and poster making, elocution, debates, and essay writing competitions for raising awareness of polio.
- Delhi: In Kalindi College, governing body and principal face off
The minutes of the GB meeting held Saturday read, “The GB resolves that no extension be given to Prof Naina Hasija, as Acting/Officiating Principal forthwith. The GB authorises the Chairman of the GB to appoint the senior-most faculty member as the new Acting Principal in accordance with DU norms.”
- Delhi: To curb pollution, transport dept mulls 4 - month ban on commercial diesel vehicles
Usually, entry of such vehicles, from trucks to mini tempos, is banned for only 15-20 days either in November or December.
- Water supply to be hit in some parts of Delhi today
The city has been facing a prolonged shortage of water this summer with the Yamuna drying up in some parts. The DJB had issued a similar notice on June 9 stating that water will be available at low pressure from June 10 onwards, till sufficient raw water is available.
- Delhi Police arrest retd BSF man for 'instigating' youth at protest against Agnipath scheme
Police said he has been providing training to youngsters in his village to get into the paramilitary force.
- 18th June, 2022 The Indian Express
- Delhi sees 1534 new Covid cases on Saturday, hospitalisations remain low
The positivity rate stood at 7.71% on Saturday. The number had crossed the 8%-mark on Friday for the first time since January-end when the country’s omicron variant-driven third wave was subsiding.
- Making memories: Delhi students, teacher groove to 'Kajra Mohabbat Wala'; netizens love it
Taking to Twitter, the teacher Manu Gulati posted a video of a special performance by her students dancing their hearts out to an old Hindi film song within the confines of a classroom.
- Delhi's DDU College unable to pay salaries for May, DUTA writes to V - C
The Delhi University Teachers&#039; Association (DUTA) wrote to the vice-chancellor blaming non-release of funds by the Delhi government and asking the university to consider taking over 12 colleges funded by it.
- Delhi police bust child trafficking racket, rescue baby 'sold for Rs 5 lakh'
On the basis of the mother’s statement and enquiry, her friend Sonia and their associates Meena, Vineet, Rekha and Moni were arrested from Delhi and UP.
- Delhi records lowest maximum temperature in 20 days after rainfall on Friday
The normal amount of rainfall for Delhi till June 17 is 23.6 mm.
- To test alertness of staff, Delhi police will 'plant' dummy IEDs in areas that see high footfall
The decision was taken in the light of the Al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) warning of suicide bombings in Delhi, Mumbai, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat over comments on the Prophet made by suspended BJP leader Nupur Sharma.
- Congress MP Jothi Mani interview: 'Delhi Police assaulted us, tore my clothes?this is bulldozer raj'
As Rahul Gandhi appeared before the ED for the third straight day for questioning in the National Herald case, several Congress leaders and activists again held protests against the BJP-ruled Centre and the ED for “implicating” him in the case.
- Delhi Confidential: Mango Diplomacy | Delhi Confidential News
Sheikh Hasina on Friday sent one metric ton of &#039;Amrapali&#039; variety of mango to President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.