- 7th May, 2021 India Today
- Coronavirus LIVE: Send 700MT oxygen to Delhi, don't push us to pass coercive directions against Centre, says SC
Coronavirus India LIVE Updates: As the Covid emergency in India causes a shortage of resources such as oxygen, Poland has joined the list of countries that have come forward to help by sending aid to the country. This morning, Poland sent 100 oxygen concentrators to help India fight the severe second wave which has overwhelmed the hospitals, stretching the healthcare system thin. Meanwhile, even as the Delhi coronavirus situation, too, remains serious, another challenge stares at Delhi. Covid-induced "black fungus". Delhi has reported "black fungus" in Covid patients. Stay tuned for LIVE Updates on coronavirus in India.
- Delhi govt assures strict action against ambulance drivers who are fleecing Covid patients
Days after India Today exposed how some ambulance drivers were duping hapless families by charging them exuberant prices for ferrying patients, the Delhi Govt has assured that it will take strict action against those who are profiting from the crisis.
- Delhi hospitals start generating their own oxygen amid acute shortage
Delhi witnessed 448 Covid deaths in the last 24 hours, as per the official figures. This means that 18 people die in the national capital each hour. Hospitals, which are already grappling with the shortage of medical oxygen, have been overwhelmed. Little or no help from the central or Delhi governments has forced a number of hospitals in the national capital to install their own oxygen plants and generators. BLK Super Specialty Hospital and Max Hospitals have procured an oxygen generator and cylinder filling system from France. The hospitals will now install an in-house oxygen generator to tide over the crisis. This oxygen concentrator, which comes along with an oxygen cylinder filling system, will help the hospital with 15 per cent of its total need for oxygen. In addition, it will also fill 50-60 oxygen cylinders.
- India Today impact: Delhi govt caps fee charged by ambulance owners/drivers | Check rates here
After India Today exposed a nexus of those charging Covid-19 patients and their families exorbitant prices, the Delhi government has issued an order to cap the rates of ambulance services in the national capital.
- Auto - ambulances with oxygen support launched in Delhi
Ten auto-ambulances have been launched in Delhi for carrying Covid positive patients with mild symptoms and requiring oxygen support to the hospital.
- 14 - day quarantine must for those coming to Delhi from Andhra, Telangana over new Covid strain
The Delhi government has announced that all those coming to the city from Andhra Pradesh or Telangana will have to undergo 14-day institutional quarantine as a precaution against a new "virulent variant of Covid-19".
- Watch: Nurses on way to Delhi applauded by flight attendants in Mangalore
In a heartwarming gesture, nurses, who were there on their way to Delhi to join the fight against Covid-19, were applauded by the IndiGo staff at the airport in Mangalore.
- 6th May, 2021 India Today
- Delhi: Fire extinguishers painted and sold as oxygen cylinders, 3 arrested
Three people, including a distributor, have been arrested by Delhi Police for cheating people by painting discarded fire extinguishers and selling them off as empty oxygen cylinders to families of Covid-19 patients.
- Delhi cop posted at crematorium postpones daughter's wedding
A Delhi Police personnel, posted at the Lodhi crematorium, postponed his daughter&#039;s wedding as he did not want to take leave.
- Delhi government asks CBSE for more time to compile Class 10 board exam results
The Delhi Government has written to CBSE regarding the Class 10 board exam results timeline, asking it to review it as many teachers are busy with Covid-19 duties. Further, 76 schools have been designated as Covid-19 vaccination centers.
- 4 Delhi men found selling oxygen concentrators for Rs 70,000 from Lodhi Colony eatery, 419 units recovered
Four people from a restaurant and bar in Delhi&#039;s Lodhi Colony were arrested in connection with black marketing of oxygen concentrators. Police have recovered 419 oxygen concentrators, which were being sold for over Rs 70,000.
- SC lauds Mumbai's oxygen management, asks Centre, Delhi govt to learn from BMC
The Supreme Court Wednesday lauded the efforts of Maharashtra authorities in ensuring oxygen supply to Covid-19 patients in Mumbai and asked the Centre and the Delhi government to talk with the civic body officials of that city to learn about augmenting and managing the supply. The observations were made during the hearing and in the order of the top court which stayed contempt proceedings initiated by the Delhi High Court against central government officials for non-compliance of direction to supply 700 MT of oxygen for Covid-19 patients to Delhi.
- DRDO installs 2 oxygen plants in Delhi, each can generate 1,000 litre O2 every min
The DRDO has installed two oxygen plants in Delhi and will be installing three more by the end of this week. Each plant can generate 1,000 litre of oxygen every minute.
- Wrester dies after brawl outside Delhi stadium, Sushil Kumar's role under scanner
Sushil Kumar has landed in a fresh controversy after a young wrestler was beaten to death in a clash involving two groups on the Chhatrasal stadium premises in North-West Delhi late Tuesday night.
- 181 Delhi Police personnel test Covid positive in last 24 hours
181 cops in Delhi, including several senior officers, have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. Currently, there are around 3,000 active cases in the police force.
- Delhi Police holds special web meeting on children orphaned by Covid - 19
The meeting was chaired by the Special Commissioner of Police (Women Safety) Nuzhat Hasan.
- Centre to set up 581 PSA oxygen plants across India; DRDO to install 5 plants in Delhi
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said on Tuesday that the central government will set up 581 PSA oxygen plants across India. In addition, the DRDO is installing five oxygen plants in and around Delhi to tide over the surge in Covid cases and shortages faced by hospitals.
- 5th May, 2021 India Today
- Delhi AIIMS nurse skips grandmother's funeral in Kerala for Covid - 19 duty
Delhi AIIMS nurse Rakhi John skipped her grandmother&#039;s funeral in Kerala and decided to look after Covid-19 patients here.
- Coronavirus LIVE Updates: Tamil Nadu records 23,310 fresh Covid - 19 cases, 167 deaths
Coronavirus LIVE Updates May 5: India saw a slight dip in the daily Covid-19 cases on Tuesday as it registered over 3.57 lakh fresh cases and 3,449 deaths in the past 24 hours, according to the Union health ministry. With fresh cases, India&#039;s overall case tally crossed the 2-crore mark and reached 2,02,82,833. The total number of active Covid-19 cases in the country now stands at 34,47,133. Meanwhile, over 3,000 deaths due to the infection have pushed the nationwide tally to 2,18,959. So far, more than 16 lakh people have been vaccinated against the Covid-19 infection. Follow Indiatoday.in for LIVE updates.
- Feeling helpless, Delhi's hospitals start generating their own oxygen to tide over shortage
After having to send out SOS messages to save the lives of Covid patients, private hospitals in Delhi are now installing their own oxygen plants to reduce dependence on suppliers amid the ongoing crisis.
- IPL 2021: In Delhi, corruptors used cleaner for pitch - siding to aid betting - BCCI Anti Corruption Unit Chief
IPL 2021: BCCI Anti Corruption Unit Chief on Wednesday revealed how one of the officers caught a cleaner who was helping corruptors with real-time information for ball-by-ball betting during an IPL game in Delhi before the tournament was suspended due to Covid-19 crisis.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh mulls Army deployment in Delhi to tackle Covid crisis
The chief of defence staff confirmed that Centre is in talks with Army to formulate a plan of action in Delhi
- Long queue outside centres after Delhi starts vaccination of 18 - 45 age group
The third and the largest phase of vaccination, under which beneficiaries in the 18-45 age group will be given jabs against coronavirus began in Delhi on Monday. Around 90 lakh people in this category will be eligible for the jabs. Five vaccination booths each have been set up at 77 schools for the inoculation exercise, PTI reported. At present, jabs are being given to those aged above 45 at around 500 centres in the national capital.
- Flight operations at Delhi Airport?s T2 may be suspended due to lack of flyers: Report
Operations at Delhi IGI Airport&#039;s Terminal 2 may be suspended as flyers have reduced sharply in the wake of the second wave of Covid-19 in India.
- Exclusive: On board Delhi's sickening ambulances fleecing Covid - 19 patients
An investigation by India Today TV found some ambulance operators in the Delhi-NCR trying to fleece people by taking advantage of their helplessness during the pandemic.