- 19th September, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi BJP expels three councillors for 6 years over 'graft charges'
"Not just councilors but officers of the municipal corporations (MCDs) will also not be spared if they are found involved in corruption," Gupta told PTI. He said people should make videos if anyone "extorts" money from them in the name of MCDs and provide it to Delhi BJP so that FIR can be registered against them.
- 18th September, 2021 Economic Times
- 17th September, 2021 Economic Times
- Transport Ministry in talks with one foreign firm for Delhi - Jaipur electric highway: Nitin Gadkari
"It is my dream to build an electric highway from Delhi to Jaipur. It is still a proposed project. We are in discussion with a foreign company," he said. Gadkari said as a transport minister, he has taken a resolution to bring an end to use of petrol and diesel in the country.
- 'Tiranga Yatra' taken out in Delhi to celebrate PM Modi's birthday
"The 20 years of public life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi that he has spent capably in governance and social development is an inspiration for the people of the country," former Union minister Vijay Goel said on the occassion.
- Delhi should continue vigorous testing as COVID - 19, flu have similar symptoms, say experts
Referring to the current flu situation in the city, Dr V K Paul, member, Niti Aayog, pointed out that symptoms of influenza and Covid are almost similar and therefore, contact tracing and influenza like illness (ILI)/severe acute respiratory illness (SARI) survey must be promoted.
- ED raids Harsh Mander?s Delhi residence, NGO offices
The searches were conducted under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act. ED has registered a case on the basis of a first information report filed by the Delhi Police and launched a probe, insiders said.
- 16th September, 2021 Economic Times
- 15th September, 2021 Economic Times
- 14th September, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi riots: Court takes cue from judicial precedent of Godhra case, orders separation of trial
In order to avoid the prejudice, the trial judge had taken the precedent from the Godhra communal riots case to separate the trial of the accused persons.
- NHRC issues notices to Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, UP, Centre over farmers' protest
Accordingly, the Commission issued notices to the Chief Secretaries of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan, Government of NCT of Delhi, Director Generals of Police, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Commissioner of Police, Delhi calling upon them to submit their respective Action Taken Reports.
- Multi - state Pakistan - organised terror module busted, 6 suspects arrested by Delhi Police
Massive anti-terror crackdown. 6 terror suspects arrested so far from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra. Details by Time Now's Priyank, Bhavatosh
- Delhi Police briefs media on the counter - terrorism carried out today
Delhi Police briefs media on the counter-terrorism carried out today. Listen in to Neeraj Thakur, Spl CP of Delhi Police Special Cell. Terrorists are not Pakistani, they are Indians. Arms and Ammunitions will be inspected by experts. Funding likely by underworld.
- Decide representation to allow visitors in religious places, High Court tells Delhi government
Counsel for the petitioner submitted that in view of a "significant drop" in cases of COVID-19, while the authorities had permitted the opening of several places including malls, gyms and spas, there was "selective exclusion" of religious places even in the latest order of Delhi Disaster Management Authority dated August 30.
- New Delhi calls for enabling ecosystem to help out Afghans
Earlier the United Nations urged the international community to raise $606 million for Afghanistan. After decades of war and suffering, Afghans are facing “perhaps their most perilous hour”, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said in his opening remarks to a conference in Geneva seeking aid for Afghanistan.
- 13th September, 2021 Economic Times
- Zero deaths reported in Delhi, capital sees 17 new cases at positivity rate of 0.04%
With the new cases, the overall infection tally in the city climbed to 14,38,250. Of this, over 14.12 lakh patients have recovered from the disease. The death toll stands at 25,083, according to the bulletin.
- Delhi: Four - storey building collapses in North Delhi's Sabzi Mandi area, rescue operations underway
A four-storied building collapsed in the Sabji Mandi area of Delhi on Monday. As per information shared by Sandeep, a resident of a nearby Punjabi Basti area, the building suddenly collapsed at around 11:55 am and it is likely that two children, a worker, and a rickshaw driver are trapped under the debris.
- Assam police arrest 26 Myanmar nationals bound for New Delhi
They arrived in Guwahati from Mizoram. A Senior police official said that seven of them teenagers. They belonged to Falam district of Chin state of (western) Myanmar.
- 11th September, 2021 Economic Times
- Delhi - NCR rain: Heavy rains in Delhi break 46 - year record for Monsoon
Record heavy rains lashed many parts of the national capital on Saturday, making it the wettest monsoon season in 46 years and causing extensive waterlogging that affected operations at the Delhi airport, disrupted traffic on key roads and left passengers trapped in vehicles in flooded underpasses.
- Delhi rains: Children swim amid heavily waterlogged roads following heavy downpour
Watch: Children swim amid heavily waterlogged roads following continuous rains in the National Capital; visuals from near MCD Civic Centre.
- Delhi rains: Parts of IGI Airport waterlogged following heavy downpour
Parts of Delhi Airport waterlogged following heavy rainfall in the national capital; visuals from Indira Gandhi International Airport (Terminal 3).
- Delhi rains: Waterlogging witnessed in several parts of city; IMD issues orange alert
Waterlogging has been reported from several parts of the national capital including Moti Bagh and RK Puram in south Delhi after rains lashed the city Saturday morning. According to civic agencies, apart from Moti Bagh and RK Puram, other stretches including Madhu Vihar, Hari Nagar, Rohtak Road, Badarpur, Som Vihar, Ring Road near IP Station, Vikas Marg, Sangam Vihar, Mehrauli-Badarpur Road, Pul Prahladpur Underpass, Munirka, Rajpur Khurd, Nangloi and Kirari also witnessed waterlogging.
- I - T ?survey? at premises of two Delhi - based media portals
The income tax department on Friday conducted survey operations at the premises of Delhi-based media portals Newsclick and Newslaundry, people aware of the development said.