- 30th September, 2020 Economic Times
- China provokes India on Ladakh; Delhi says no to unilaterally defined LAC
It wasn't clear on what basis China rejected India's move last year to reconstitute Ladakh as a union territory separate from Jammu and Kashmir, or why it considered that illegal. However, that was likely due to the ongoing conflict over the Line of Actual Control that runs through part of the high mountain desert territory.
- 29th September, 2020 Economic Times
- 28th September, 2020 Economic Times
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa to travel to Delhi this week; hints at a cabinet expansion soon
Yediyurappa had visited New Delhi to meet the BJPs top leaders on September 17, just before the beginning of the monsoon session of the state legislative assembly. His separate meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP national President J P Nadda had triggered speculations about a cabinet reshuffle that is long pending.
- Sterling Biotech case: Delhi court declares four directors as ?fugitive economic offenders?
Sterling Biotech case: 3 Sandesara brothers have been declared ‘fugitive economic offenders’ in Rs 8,100-crore bank fraud case. Associate Hitesh Patel also indicted. Watch for more details.
- Delhi NCR among top 10 global trips market: Uber
Earlier this month, Uber had said its affordable Uber Auto service was recovering briskly with cities like Delhi rebounding to almost 80 per cent of pre-COVID levels, followed by Jaipur and Chandigarh recovering to 50 per cent.
- Delhi Riots Investigations ? Differing views
In an article in a leading English daily, a former Union Minister from Congress party has alleged that Delhi police investigations in recent Delhi riots are aimed at criminalization of peaceful protests that are part...
- Confident Delhi look to continue momentum against struggling Sunrisers
The Shreyas Iyer-led side edged past Kings XI Punjab in a thrilling Super Over before thrashing Chennai Super Kings comprehensively to jump to the top of the points table.
- Delhi HC asks AAP government if sufficient ICU beds vacant for non - COVID patients
The court, during the hearing, asked the Delhi government to give details of the ICU beds earmarked for COVID and non-COVID patients and how many in each of the two categories are lying vacant.
- China spy ring case: Delhi court sends scribe Rajeev Sharma, two others to judicial custody
A Delhi court on Sunday sent freelance journalist Rajeev Sharma, arrested in an espionage case under the Official Secrets Act, to judicial custody for 14 days. Sharma, along with others, was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police recently under the Official Secret Act. The judge also sent two of his associates - a Chinese woman and a Nepalese man - to judicial custody after they were produced before the court.
- Plurilateral future: With UN reforms elusive, New Delhi must look at alternatives
In his pre-recorded speech to the annual UN general assembly debate, Prime Minister Narendra Modi again strongly pitched for UN reforms, asking how long India would have to wait before it was included in the...
- 27th September, 2020 Economic Times
- 25th September, 2020 Economic Times
- Harsimrat?s resignation shook up Modi, our Oct 1 march will shake Delhi?s throne: Sukhbir Badal
Badal also said that people who have brought the bills do not know much about agriculture and hence have framed wrong laws.
- Condition of Delhi Dy CM Manish Sisodia better now: Official
Sisodia had tested positive for COVID-19 on September 14 and was under home isolation. He was admitted to LNJP Hospital on Wednesday for treatment, and tested positive for dengue a day later.
- Delhi has hit peak in second wave of coronavirus pandemic: Arvind Kejriwal
This is the first time any state in the country claimed to have reached the second wave of the pandemic. The total number of cases in Maharashtra, which has reported the highest Covid-19 case load, is 12,63,799 cases. Delhi stands at the fifth spot with 2,56,789 cases.
- Coronavirus live updates: Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away
SPB, who had sung more than 40,000 songs in a career spanning nearly 55 years, had been undergoing treatment in MGM Healthcare since August 5.
- 24th September, 2020 Economic Times
- PM Modi asks CMs of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Delhi to ramp up RT - PCR testing
Maharashtra does about 50,000 RT-PCR tests daily out of the nearly 90,000 tests done in the state, the rest being rapid antigen tests. It is the worst-affected state with the highest test positivity rate of 20.7%.
- Extreme air pollution in Delhi during winter likely to aggravate Covid situation, say doctors
High air pollution-level will aggravate the situation as it seriously compromises the respiratory system.
- Delhi riots: Court sends Umar Khalid to judicial custody till October 22
A Delhi Court sent former Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) student leader Umar Khalid to judicial custody till October 22 in connection with his alleged role in the violence of Northeast Delhi. He has been booked under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) by Special Cell of Delhi Police.
- Delhi riots: Court sends Umar Khalid to judicial custody till Oct 22 in UAPA case
A Delhi court on Thursday sent former JNU student leader Umar Khalid, arrested under the stringent anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, in a case related to the communal violence in north east Delhi in February, to judicial custody till October 22.
- Driest September in Delhi in 16 years: IMD
The Safdarjung Observatory, which provides representative data for the city, has recorded just 20.9 mm rainfall against the normal of 109.3 mm this month “ a deficiency of 81 per cent, according to IMD data.
- National flag to be flown at half mast in govt offices in Delhi: MHA
"Due to the sad demise of Suresh Angadi, the minister of state for railways, it has been decided that the national flag will be flown half mast on September 24, 2020 in all government offices in Delhi where it is usually flown," a Home Ministry spokesperson said.
Such a future can be avoided from playing out only by limiting the worst impact of climate change by decreasing emissions and working towards the Sustainable Development Goals, the WEF said in its report while urging business and government leaders to fast-track solutions and act now to prevent such a scenario unfolding.
- EPFO Delhi West office settles 4.4 lakh claims in 150 days of lockdown
Writing a foreword, Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar expressed that the EPFO Delhi West has strengthened social accountability through public review of its performance using social media on a daily basis.