- 21st May, 2022 Economic Times
- Delhi govt raises minimum monthly wages of unskilled, skilled labourers
The hike in minimum wages for labourers has been done in view of the increase in dearness allowance for government employees, Delhi government said.
- ATS Homekraft to enter the Mumbai, Delhi and Gurgaon markets, to invest Rs 4,000 crore
The company plans to invest about Rs 4,000 crore in these projects, which will start in 2022-23 with a total development potential of 6 million sq ft, Mohit Arora told ET.
- Latest News Updates: CNG price in Delhi increased by Rs 2 per kg to Rs 75.61 per kg, second hike in 6 days
Indraprastha Gas (IGL) has hiked CNG (compressed natural gas) prices in the Delhi to Rs 75.61 per kg. For Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad, CNG price has been hiked to Rs 78.17 per kg, while in Gurugram, it will cost Rs 83.94 per kg.The firm sees rates staying elevated in the near future due to high international prices of natural gas and the management was looking at cutting operational costs to soften the blow for consumers.Limited availability of government-controlled gas has forced IGL to use more LNG to meet double-digit growth in CNG and PNG (piped natural gas) demand. This has raised input cost, which is expected to go up as demand rises further.
- 20th May, 2022 Economic Times
- 19th May, 2022 Economic Times
- Delhi reports 532 fresh COVID - 19 cases, positivity rate at 2.13 per cent
With this, Delhi's COVID-19 caseload increases to 19,01,660, while the death toll is at 26,198. A total of 24,989 Covid tests were conducted in the city a day ago, according to data shared by the city health department. On Tuesday, the national capital had recorded 393 COVID-19 cases and two deaths, while the positivity rate stood at 3.35 per cent.
- Delhi airport's daily domestic traffic crosses pre - covid level
According to data obtained by ET, about 151,000 domestic passengers used Delhi airport on April 17, the last day of a long weekend, the largest number since the pandemic-induced shutdown began. This was also much higher than the daily average of about 129,000 passengers from January 1 to May 10, 2019.
- 18th May, 2022 Economic Times
- Demand for solar panels, geysers surges in Delhi, B'luru & Pune amid power outages
Demand in India for solar equipment on search engine JustDial saw a year-on-year rise of 14% last month. During the same period, demand in tier-1 cities rose by 13% and tier-II by 11%. The two most searched solar equipment were solar panels and geysers while solar lights, inverters, and fences made the top-5 most searched solar products in the country. Delhi, Bengaluru, and Pune were the top three in terms of the adoption of solar energy.
- Fire brought under control in Delhi's Rohini court, no injuries
Delhi Fire Service chief Atul Garg informed that they received a call about the fire incident around 11.10 a.m. at room no. 210 of Judges' chamber on the second floor of the Rohini Court complex after which as many as five fire tenders were immediately pressed into service.
- 17th May, 2022 Economic Times
- Delhi civic bodies set to be dissolved in five days
SDMC's term set to end on Wednesday, while the other two civic bodies -- NDMC and EDMC - will be completing their terms on May 19 and May 22, respectively.
- Delhi HC to hear on May 26 Sharjeel Imam's interim bail plea based on SC order on sedition
The application, filed through advocates Talib Mustafa, Ahmad Ibrahim, and Kartik Venu, said the trial court's order rejecting his bail is primarily based on the premise that the special court had no power to grant bail under Section 437 of the CrPC in view of the limitations imposed therein, once the court had by a separate order, sought it fit to frame sedition charges against Imam.
- Kathmandu - Delhi, rework - in - progress
Changing geopolitical contexts, Nepal's domestic political dynamics, global challenges such as climate change and energy transitions - all these require the India-Nepal relationship to evolve from 'traditional cultural ties' to fit the needs of the 21st century. Modi's visit to Nepal, just like Deuba's India visit earlier in April, is laying out the elements of this being-updated relationship.
- VIL says multiple network initiatives boosted 4G experience for customers in Delhi - NCR
The company has, till now, deployed the highly efficient 900MHz spectrum as well as 1800 MHz band on about 8,400 sites in New Delhi and NCR. This will enable customers to avail stronger network indoors as they work, study, socialise, access entertainment, use e-commerce and other digital services on the network, the company said.
- 16th May, 2022 Economic Times
- Dust storm likely in Delhi, no heatwaves from 17th May: IMD
"Don't expect heatwaves from tomorrow, there will be thunderstorm in certain areas. Good cloud cover in North Rajasthan, Punjab & Haryana" says RK Jenamani, Senior Scientist, IMD.
- Delhi Mundka fire: Building owner arrested; DNA profiling on for bodies identification
The owner of the building in Delhi's Mundka where a massive fire claimed the lives of at least 27 people was arrested on Sunday, even as there was no end to wait for the kin of the deceased with 19 bodies yet to be identified. According to the police, blood samples from over 20 family members of the deceased have been collected so far for carrying out the procedure of DNA profiling for identification purpose.
- Delhi logs 613 new Covid cases, 3 more deaths; positivity rate 2.74 pc
With 613 fresh cases reported on Sunday, the national capital's Covid tally increased to 19,00,358 while the death toll mounted to 26,195.
- 15th May, 2022 Economic Times
- 14th May, 2022 Economic Times
- Delhi Secretariat to ban single - use plastic items from June 1
It will be ensured that only alternatives to single-use plastic (SUP) items such as paper plates, cups, straws are used in the Delhi Secretariat premises, he said.
- Delhi grapples with water shortage amid severe heatwave
The level in the Wazirabad pond has dropped to 670.70 feet, the lowest this year. It was 671.80 feet on Thursday. The pond level had dropped to 667 feet on July 11 last year, prompting the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) to move the Supreme Court seeking directions to Haryana to release additional water in the Yamuna.
- Delhi's Jahangirpuri violence case transferred to Crime Branch of Delhi Police
Delhi's Jahangirpuri violence case has now been transferred to crime branch of state police
- Delhi govt approves induction of 1,500 low - floor electric buses in its public transportation fleet
Delhi Transco Limited (DTL) has identified four service providers through a competitive bidding process who will soon sign an agreement with DTC for setting up the EV charging/battery swapping stations in these locations. The DTC Board also resolved to provide in-principle approval for procurement of 75 (38 non-AC and 37 AC) CNG standard floor buses for inter-state operations, it said.
- AAP govt making best efforts to make Delhi's judiciary a model for entire country: CM Kejriwal
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated a new building at Karkardooma Court Complex on May 13. During the event, the minister said that Delhi government is making best efforts to make Delhi's judiciary a model for entire country. “We're trying to make Delhi's judiciary a model for entire country. 30,000 lawyers registered scheme for lawyers' welfare where every lawyer gets Rs5 lakh health insurance and Rs10 lakh life insurance,” he said.